Job Category: Administration
Department/Group: Information Technology
Job Code/ Req#: 21187
Location: 383 Spanish Town RD
Travel Required: NO
Level/Salary Range: $1,260 JMD per hour
Position Type: Fulltime Required
HR Contact: Kemesa Colson
Date Posted: 05.26.2022
Will Train Applicant(s): YES
Posting Expires: Open until filled
Subject Line: Promotion: Help Desk Technician
THE HELP DESK TECHNICIAN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING IT SUPPORT TO ALL. THE PRIMARY MISSION IS TO ENSURE END-USERS COMPUTERS, TELEPHONES, & TECHNOLOGY NEEDS ARE AVAILABLE AND WORKING. THIS INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO WORKSTATION SETUP AND INITIAL TROUBLESHOOTING, PRINTER SETUP, PHONE SETUP, EMPLOYEE BADGE CREATION, PACKING & SHIPPING, AND MOVES. RESPONSIBLE FOR RECEIVING GUIDANCE FROM OTHER TEAM MEMBERS TO EFFICIENTLY SUPPORT THE END-USERS.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain exceptional customer service to all end users and internal staff.
• Respond to service requests and incident reports in a timely basis.
• Monitor the infrastructure for problems and outages and proactively resolve those issues identified.
• Participate in projects with high operational, tactical, technical or business impact.
• Work directly with Head of IT to maintain full technological operations for the firm and all its clients.
• Fix issues arising from software and hardware, Internet or power.
• Ability to answer and document moderate support call / e-mail volume; including, but not limited to
troubleshooting laptops, terminals, desktops, printers, FAX machines, copiers, and phone systems.
• 9 HOUR SHIFT
• MONDAY TO SUNDAY (2 DAYS OFF WITHIN THE WEEK)
• THIS POSITION WILL BE ON-CALL FOR EMERGENCIES
• SHIFT FLEXIBILITY
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Associates degree in Information Technology
• Proficient with relevant software such as Windows (Office Suites, Adobe Suites, Ticketing system, Remote
Desktop and etc).
• Ability to work well within a team environment, positive attitude, multi-task, and self-motivated to produce
high quality work.
• Microsoft Windows 10
• Understanding of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, VPN, QoS, VoIP, routing)
• Laptop and Desktop hardware experience
• Ability and desire to learn and grow professionally
• Ability to create concise, user-friendly documentation
• Excellent leadership, communication, time management and problem-solving skills.
• Some lifting (less than 50 pounds)
• IT related Training required
• 1-2 years of experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in information technology
• IT certification preferred or anticipated