Job Category: Administration
Department Job Code/ Req#: 21187
Location: 383 Spanish Town RD
Travel Required: YES
Level/Salary Range: $850 JMD per hour
Position Type: Fulltime Required
HR Contact: Kemesa Colson
Date Posted: 06.13.2022
Will Train Applicant(s): YES Posting Expires: Open until filled
Subject Line: Promotion: Accounting/Payroll Clerk
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A SKILLED ACCOUNTING/PAYROLL CLERK TO PERFORM A VARIETY OF ACCOUNTING, BOOKKEEPING, PAYROLL AND FINANCIAL TASKS.
ACCOUNTING/PAYROLL CLERK RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE KEEPING FINANCIAL RECORDS UPDATED, PREPARING REPORTS AND RECONCILING BANK STATEMENTS. YOU WILL ALSO RUN ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE PROGRAMS (E.G. SAP) TO PROCESS BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS, LIKE ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AND RECEIVABLE, DISBURSEMENTS, EXPENSE VOUCHERS AND RECEIPTS. A SUCCESSFUL ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT SHOULD BE FAMILIAR WITH ALL ACCOUNTING PROCEDURES AND HAVE A FLAIR FOR NUMBERS.
ULTIMATELY, A SUCCESSFUL ACCOUNTING CLERK WILL ENSURE THAT THE COMPANY’S DAILY ACCOUNTING FUNCTIONS RUN ACCURATELY AND EFFECTIVELY.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
• Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
• Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
• Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
• Process the company’s bi-weekly payroll for all employees, including training sick days; vacation days
and providing bi-weekly paystub for each staff.
• Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
• Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity area
• Complete company fillings with Tax of Jamaica or renewals on GCT etc.
• Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
• 9 HOUR SHIFT
• MONDAY TO FRIDAY
• DAY SHIFT ONLY
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts Receivable Clerk or Accounts Payable Clerk
• Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
• Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers
• Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
• Data entry and word processing skills
• Well organized
• High school degree
ASSOCIATE’S DEGREE OR RELEVANT CERTIFICATION IS A PLUS MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION AS TRAVEL IS REQUIRED